MA LAC LPC NCC
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Certified Imago Therapist
- Advanced Certified Relapse Prevention Specialist*
- Master of Arts degree in Counseling from the Citadel Evening College in Charleston, South Carolina and Webster University in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of the South at Sewanee, Tennessee
I work with adults, individuals and couples.
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction
- Relationship Issues
I have considerable addictions experience and have worked as a counselor in three separate inpatient and outpatient settings. My areas of expertise are alcohol and drug, co-dependency (unhealthy dependency on others) and rooting out what underlies the compulsive, shame-based disease of addiction. However, the more destructive behaviors need be dealt with first and I work with clients at all points along the alcohol/drug or other addictions progressive spectrum. While recovering from a disease process has its challenges, my direct, honest, caring and respectful approach often assist clients with the courage and strength to change.
Unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
~ Paul O. ~
- Temporary Adjunct Faculty in Psychology & Yoga within University of South Carolina Salkehatchie College/Division
- Certified International Association of Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT)
- Master of Arts, Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy emphasis
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapist (PRYT)
- Yoga Alliance Registered instructor
- Bachelor of Science, Business Adminstration, Marketing emphasis
- Professional Dancer
I work with adults, individuals, couples and small groups.
Twenty-four years in private practice, I have respectfully and effectively provided therapeutic multi-disciplinary individualized sessions.
Individually in private practice and in my role as educator/presenter/facilitator/consultant, the various health and healing disciplines that I am qualified to offer include psychotherapy, expressive arts, yoga therapy and meditation. Sessions, workshops, retreats and classes may include guided imagery, mindfulness, meditation, music, mantra, breath work, soul mosaic art work and movement/yoga. Strategically, sessions can be playful, fun, light and simple.
The purpose of my work, individually and in groups, is to help people remove obstacles to loving Presence. Through self-acceptance and self-compassion, anxiety and depression are reduced and confidence increases. Gradually, the outcome for many people is an experience of clarity, strength and relaxation. Connection to a calmer wiser “you” brings more meaning and fulfillment to daily life.
I have a gentle heart. I am patient, understanding and kind. I meet people where they are. I do not direct or give advice. I offer deep listening, validation, empathy and guidance. Upon request, I offer prescriptive methods that override and/or replace unhealthy patterns. I am honored to be an educator and consultant in the ways of ancient wisdom practices and contemporary body-mind psychology.
Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations.
~ Paramahansa Yogananda ~